I have had a lot of progress on my portrait. I have managed to outline it and put a base color on for the beard and started blocking out the highlights in the beard.
In many circuses, elephants are used in an inhumane manner. My message was to show how they are tied down and can't escape. Dumbo was the inspiration for this piece. I wanted to make sure that the customer is able to feel sad and upset about this piece. This would show the power this piece has. I decided to use paint to show the vibrant colors you see in a circus poster. I made sure to create texture to the elephant and also to show emotions. Overall, this piece was an upgrade to my first. The more pieces I create, the more I can portray my message.
With my piece starting to become more and more realistic, I needed to make sure that my pieces created the messages I needed to portray. When you see the shows of all the animals, you never see to realize how they live. No one understand the struggles they have. In most whale and dolphin shows, they are forced to perform. They are given many drugs and even harmed in order to entertain the public. With these animals being used to the open ocean, they are confined to such small spaces which can cause many health issues. Over time, these creatures die due to the conditions they are "cared" in. This has diminished the population of these beautiful creatures.
Comments
Post a Comment